Below you will find some questions often asked (FAQ). Have a look, but if there is anything you need answering that isn’t here, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Sometime when you are trying to view your gallery you may see an error message that says "NOT READY". This is how our system shows that there are no image files for you. If you have taken photos and it has been at least 10 business days, please call the studio so we can look into the matter. Otherwise, please be patient. We often have a lot of students to sort through and it can take up to ten BUSINESS days for us to get everything perfect for you to view.
We do not require you to be accompanied by a parent or guardian, but please feel free to bring them with you! Do you want your best friend to tag along for moral support? Bring them! Does your favorite Aunt want to be there for your big day? Tell her to come! Big brother want to come and make you laugh? Bring him along! Anyone is welcome! We just ask that whomever you do decide to bring refrains from taking photos of you on their cameras, IPAD, cameraphones, ect. We really do understand that it is such a special time for your and your family, so we have created a selfie wall for you to help you capture it. Enjoy and don't forget to tag us!
Your Outdoor photos are included in your sitting fee, so there is no extra cost to have them done! You will need to schedule them separately from your indoor photos though. You may schedule a time from our available time slots on our website, simply return to the Homepage and click the 'Schedule' tab on the menu bar! You can also call the studio and one of our staff members will be happy to help you set up your appointment! The Outdoor photos will be taken at Chase Lake Park, conveniently located minutes from our studio, just behind the CVS and Five Guys on Highway 31. You can schedule early in the morning or in the evening. Your photographers will be waiting for you at the park, not the studio. We ask that you come dressed and picture-ready! You are only allowed one outfit for your Outdoor photos, being as there is nowhere to change. No make up services are available for Outdoor photos.
Viewing a gallery with an access code?
We safeguard our galleries with access codes to prevent your child's photos being viewed by "just anyone". We understand this can be frustrating, but it is for your child's safety.
If your gallery is asking for an access code, you will need the following information:
Hoover High School - Your access code is your state ID number. It will begin with "19" and be ten digits long.
Pinson Valley High School - Your access code is your lunch number.
Any other schools, give us a call and we can help you out!
The Senior Sitting Fee is a negotiated price that allows each student the opportunity to take their formal photos, using our studio's own tuxedos and drapes, and their indoor and outdoor casual photos. The Fee is based on the estimated number of students that will come and use our services over the summer and our staff's time and talent. Although not every student will take advantage of the numerous services we offer here at Iron City Studios, we do block out time for each student to take all photos if they desire! While you do not have to take advantage of all of our photography services, in order to make it into the yearbook, you will be required to take your formal photo with us!
Because senior photos are pre-booked ahead of time, to insure we have enough time set aside each year for each student to take their photos in a timely, yet comfortable fashion, we do ask if you are unable to make your preset appointment with us, please cancel your old appointment and set up a new one that better fits your summer schedule! We do ask that you if you have to cancel your appointment with us, to please do so at least 24 hours before your assigned time, if possible. When you cancel your appointment ahead of time, it allows that time slot to be viewed as available by others in our system! We want to ensure that no times slots are unnecessarily taken up, so all students have a chance to have a time to take their senior photos!
We offer retouching services on any of our individual photos. Here is a list of our services:
Basic Retouching: This is a simple skin smoothing. It does not get acne out of the complexion. This is done to all of our portraits, unless otherwise requested.
Acne Retouching: Acne Retouching will remove most blemishes and smooth the skin and complexion.
Stray Hair Removal: We remove fly aways and stray hairs. If there is something specific, please leave it in the notes at checkout or call the studio.
Tan Lines Removed: We remove tan lines and smooth the skin tones.
Teeth Whitening: Our studio will whiten your teeth in post production.
Glass Glare Removal: For anyone with reflections in their glasses, we can remove the glare.
Tattoo Removal: Removing tattoos from the body.
Braces Removal: Professionally remove braces from teeth.
You can request retouching on yearbook portraits and team photos. This should be done PRIOR to any deadlines and added to your order all at one time.
If you order an instant digital download, the download on your receipt will not have the retouched version. Within 2 business days, we will contact you with a link to the retouched version.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call our studio at 205-783-5281. Our normal business hours are Tuesday-Friday from 9-5CST.
Hoover High: How To Access Your Student's Photos
1) Visit: www.ironcitystudios.com
2) Click on Order Photos.
3) Choose your students grade level.
4) You will be prompted to enter an access code. This is your child's state ID number. It will begin with "19" and will be ten digits long. For security, we can not give out your access code to anyone that calls in. You can obtain the code from your student or from the school directly.
If you have any questions, feel free to call the studio at (205) 783-5281.
In the weeks before your summer break, we will send you a postcard in the mail with your pre-set appointment date and time. You will also receive emails leading up to your assigned appointment, reminding you of it! We at Iron City Studios understand that the pre-set dates we send out to upcoming Seniors may not work with everyones summer schedules though, and ask that if you cannot make your appointment, to cancel and reschedule at least 24 hours out from your assigned date and time. You can do that online on our website or by giving us a call at (205) 783-5281.
But what happens if something comes up and you miss your photos? It happens from time to time. You will either simply go online to our website and schedule a new appointment, or you can call us and one of our staff members can work with you to find a time and date that you can make up your photos.
What if you come in and take your photos, but when you see your proofs online, there is something you don't like, say you didn't like your outfit or you got a haircut after your pictures, and want to retake your photos? Give us a call and let us know! We will be able to schedule you to come back into the studio for retake photos. A new sitting fee will apply.
We offer Professional Make Up services for our Seniors during the summer!! Our talented make up artists are top notch and know how to give you the exact look you are wanting! Dolled up or the more natural look, they can do it all! Doing your own make up or having someone at the mall the day of can be pretty risky! Our make up artists will make sure you are camera read and on time. They use make up specially designed for HD photography and have everything you will need for a real professional experience! Get the perfect look without breaking the Bank!
We do not offer makeup everyday and makeup is only available through appointment. Call us at (205)783-5281 or go online to book your appointment with our makeup artists. Our makeup services are $25 per person. Makeup is available on select days for all indoor pictures; however, makeup is not available for outdoor pictures. Hair is not included in our makeup services. We ask that your makeup appointment be scheduled 30 minutes before your senior photo session.
You may not know this, but there are two parts to your Senior Photo Session with us: the Formal and Casual photos. Your Formal picture goes in the yearbook. For your Formal photo, you don't need to bring anything! We have the tuxedos for the guys and the drapes for the girls. (Ladies, if you have a special pair of pearls or a subtle necklace you'd like to wear, feel free to bring it!)
For your Casual photos, we encourage you to wear an outfit that is a bit nicer than you're every day attire, but not too fancy! We have convenient changing rooms, so you don't even have to come in wearing your outfit. You are more than welcome to bring in a few outfits to pick from for your Casual photos, especially if you are unsure of what you want to wear. We do ask that in order to stay on time for you and those taking senior photos after you, that you only wear ONE outfit for your indoor Casual photos.The staff of Iron City Studios is more than happy to help you pick THE outfit that will best suit you, as well as which will work best with our backgrounds in the studio!
For the Outdoor casual photos, we recommend the same type of attire as your indoor and ask that you arrive dressed and ready for your shoot!
For More in-depth details on what you should wear for your Senior Photos, see our 'PARENTS' tab on the Homepage, then click on 'PREPARE: SENIORS' option, or CLICK HERE!
How To Choose Your Yearbook Photos:
1) Visit: www.ironcitystudios.com2) Click on ORDER PHOTOS from the top menu.3) Find your grade level class Freshmen = 9th grade, Sophomores = 10, Juniors = 11. Click on your class level.4) You will be asked for an ACCESS Code. This is your child’s state ID number. It will begin with 19 and will be 10 digits long. Click on Login. 5) Click on the photo you would like to Select for the yearbook or to purchase. 6) Click BUY. A dropdown will display showing your A LA CARTE options. 7) Choose SUBMIT TO YEARBOOK to select your yearbook photo. Change the quantity to “1” and click ADD. Go through the checkout procedures. Please be sure to only do this ONE time. When you are done you should receive a receipt via email.
1) Visit: www.ironcitystudios.com2) Click on ORDER PHOTOS from the top menu.3) Click on 2017 Seniors4) You will be asked for an ACCESS Code. This is your child’s state ID number. It will begin with 19 and will be 10 digits long. Click on Login. 5) Click on the photo you would like to Select for the yearbook or to purchase. 6) Click BUY. A dropdown will display showing your A LA CARTE options. 7) Choose YEARBOOK PHOTO(Formal Only) to select your yearbook photo. Change the quantity to “1” and click ADD. Go through the checkout procedures. Choose Pick up in studio (no cost) for shipping options. Please be sure to only do this ONE time. When you are done you should receive a receipt via email.
If you have any questions, please give us a call at 205-783-5281 or submit a contact form through our website.
Did you miss School Day Photos (Grades 9-11), or need to have them RETAKEN?
If you did, no worries. Contact the school to find out when the makeup day for photos are.
Did you miss your team or sports photos?If you missed your team photos, you can schedule a time to come into our studio and take your individual photo. If you team choose to do composites for the team photo, then you can still be in the team photo! However, the deadline for taking your photos will depend on your individual team. Talk to your coach or give us a call in the studio to get more information. Each team chooses how they want to do photos and makeups.
Did you miss your Senior Photos?If you missed your senior photos and it is before the deadline, simply call the studio and ask to be rescheduled. This is subject to availability. If you missed photos and it is after the yearbook deadline, you can still schedule an appointment to have them taken, but we can not guarantee they will make it into the yearbook. Please ask your yearbook advisor for more information.
You can purchase any image on our website instantly at high (Print) resolution. Simply choose the photo you want to download and click BUY. On the A LA Carte page you should see "Digital Download" or "Instant Digital Download". This means that when your transaction is complete you can download the image using the link on the bottom of the receipt that comes directly to the email that you provide at checkout.
If you have requested retouching on your digital image, the link at the bottom of your receipt will not be the retouched version. We will email you another link as soon as we have retouched the photo for you. This typically takes 1-2 Business days. As a reminder, our studio is open Tuesday-Friday from 9-5.
** Digital Downloads allow for you to have your photos printed anywhere. However, Iron City Studios can not be held responsible for the quality of print or variations in print colors **
If you have any questions, or need additional help do not hesitate to reach out to us via the Contact Us Page or by calling the studio at 205-783-5281.
Can I add retouching to my yearbook photo?
Yes. Retouching can be added to any individual photo.
To add it to your yearbook photo, please be sure to add the service to your cart and add the yearbook photo you want retouched in the same order.
Follow the steps below:
1) Visit: www.ironcitystudios.com2) Click on ORDER PHOTOS from the top menu.3) Find your grade level class Freshmen = 9th grade, Sophomores = 10, Juniors = 11. Click on your class level.4) You will be asked for an ACCESS Code. This is your child’s state ID number. It will begin with 19 and will be 10 digits long. Click on Login. 5) Click on the photo you would like to Select for the yearbook or to purchase. 6) Click BUY. A dropdown will display showing your A LA CARTE options. 7) Choose SUBMIT TO YEARBOOK to select your yearbook photo. Change the quantity to 1. Click ADD.8) Stay on that photo, click BUY again and tab over to PACKAGES AND PRODUCTS. Click Retouching Services and choose the service you would like. Click ADD and complete your checkout. 9) When you are done you should receive a receipt via email. It will show your retouching service and the "Submit to Yearbook" on the same receipt for the individual photo.
This will ensure that we do the retouching before sending the photo off to your yearbook.
If you have any questions, please drop us a line by clicking on contact or give us a call at 205-783-5281.
How to order photos?
1) Visit: www.ironcitystudios.com2) Click on ORDER PHOTOS from the top menu.3) Find your grade level or team and click on the event. 4) If this is for Hoover High School, you may be asked for an access code. This is your child’s state ID number. It will begin with 19 and will be 10 digits long. Click on Login. 5) Click on any photo you would like to purchase. 6) Click BUY. A dropdown will display showing your A LA CARTE options. You can change the quantities and purchase single photos from here. Be sure and click ADD to add the items to your cart. 7) To view packages click on the tab in BUY that says PACKAGES AND PRODUCTS. You will also find retouching options and additional products in the same tab.
If you have any questions, feel free to call the studio at (205) 783-5281